The Bible Is Sufficient For What Matters Most
Traveling has its challenges. If you travel enough you quickly develop a good idea of what you need to take with you. There are basics, clothes and toiletries, that you need no matter what. After that it can get complicated. If you travel overseas, you’ll need your passport and power converter. If you stay at a camp you may need towels and a sleeping bag.
What about your Bible? Do you need to take your it? That’s an interesting question, isn’t it? Most of us read the Bible because we can, because we like to, and because people like me say you should. But do you need to?
Yes, you need your Bible. What’s cool is that as you read the Bible it’s able to do some amazing things in your life all by itself. By that I mean there are things the Bible will do for you that you don’t need a pastor or teacher or group leader to do for you. Others definitely contribute and help us but the Bible is sufficient on it’s own.
[Tweet “The Bible is all we need for our spiritual lives”]
The Bible is important and in fact sufficient for everything we will ever need for our spiritual lives. There are 6 things the Bible will do for us that we don’t need any other book or person to help us do.
6 Important Things The Bible Can Do For You All By Itself
- The Bible is sufficient for us to understand our need for and God’s provision for our salvation 2 Timothy 3:15. It’s also enough for us to be able to share our faith with others, too.
- The Bible is sufficient to equip us as a Christian to live for and serve God 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
- The Bible is perfect in the sense of being whole or complete. It addresses all of the human condition and revives our souls when we need it Psalm 19:7.
- The Bible is solid, stable, sure and is able to give us wisdom for any situation. Psalm 19:7
- The Bible is intrinsically right, morally right and able to give us joy in our hearts Psalm 19:8.
- The Bible is pure, single minded and focused so that we can see all of life clearly Psalm 19:8.
The Bible is an amazing book. It is God’s word and is alive and powerful to be able to speak to our hearts and change our lives Hebrews 4:12. It is sufficient for all we need to know God and live for Him.
[Tweet “The Bible doesn’t say everything but it says everything we need to know”]
If it’s true you need your Bible on a trip, then what about at home? Did you read it today? It will only do these things if you read it. Make it a daily habit. It will change your life!
How has the Bible helped you all by itself? Please leave a comment or question below.