The Bible Has Something For Everyone
My first pastorate was in Daly City, California, located just south of San Francisco. Daly City is known for its row houses and large Filipino population. Like San Francisco it’s also known for fog. Driving in the fog was always a challenge. There are often automobile accidents when the fog is heavy because you can’t see very far ahead. Even driving with your car lights on doesn’t help very much. You have to be extra careful until the fog clears.
Spiritually speaking we all face times when it seems like our life is in a fog. It may be we’re overwhelmed because of a sickness, the death of a loved one, a financial challenge or a strained relationship. We desperately want the fog to clear.
An invaluable help available to all of us is the Bible. It’s a wonderful and even mysterious truth that God’s word can help us in time of need. One of the reasons it can is because of its clarity. Even though it’s an ancient book, it can help and guide anyone through the challenges of life. Here are 7 reasons why the Bible’s clarity makes it a unique and profitable book.
7 Reasons The Bible’s Clarity Makes It Unique and Profitable
- It’s a light in our life Psalm 119:105, 2Peter 1:19.
- It benefits us 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
- It clearly shows the way to God 2 Timothy 3:15.
- It’s addressed to common people Deuteronomy 6:4, Ephesians 1:1
- Parents are told to teach the Bible to children Deuteronomy 6:6-7
- Children can understand the Bible 2 Timothy 3:14-15
- The Bible is what we use to test what people say and teach Acts 17:11
This is wonderful! However, so that we don’t carry this truth too far, we need to touch briefly on the flip side of this truth. Here are three warnings about taking the clarity of the scriptures too far.
- It’s possible to misunderstand the Bible. Anyone can misread the clearest instructions.
- Some parts of the Bible are more difficult to understand than others. See the book of Revelation.
- This doesn’t mean preachers and teachers are unnecessary. It’s wise to learn from anyone who has studied something more than you have about any topic.
The Bible has something for everyone, from the simplest child to the most intellectually oriented scholar. It is clear about everything that matters. Jesus points out over and over again that the problems people asked Him about were because they didn’t read the Bible! “Have you not read . . .” Matthew 9:13; 12:3-7; 15:3; 19:14; 21:13; 21:42; 22:29-31.
When your life is in a fog, read the Bible. It will give you clarity.
Please leave a comment or question below, I’d love to hear from you!