Trials Challenge And Strengthen Our Faith
Trials are the most common and the most misunderstood type of adversity we face as Christians. They’re painful, negative events so some confuse them with attacks from the enemy. The enemy does attack us but he’s interested in attacking our mind, not our circumstances 2 Corinthians 11:3. The truth is God allows trials in our lives for our good.
[Tweet “Trials are the most common and the most misunderstood type of adversity we face as Christians.”]
4 things the Bible tells us about trials.
- Trials are general, challenging circumstances of life. 1 Peter 1:6
- Trials are allowed by God. 2 Peter 2:9
- Trials strengthen us as we go through them. James 1:2-3
- Trials happen to Christians and non-Christians. Matthew 13:21, James 1:2
Here is a definition:
Trials are life circumstances that challenge and build up our faith.
[Tweet “Trials are life circumstances that challenge and build up our faith”]
Trials include but aren’t limited to:
- things breaking down mechanically
- difficult people in our lives
- general hardships
3 Facts About Trials To Help Us Get Through Them:
- Realize you’re in good company when you experience a trial. Even Jesus Luke 22:28 and Paul Acts 20:18-19 endured trials.
- Ask God to help you through the trial. Ask for wisdom and grace to endure it James 1:2-8.
- Understand God knows how difficult it is for you. It’s okay to pray that He rescues you from the trial 2 Peter 2:9. God cares for you enough to reward you for going through it well James 1:12.
All trials are challenging. Some are a nuisance and some are devastating but they are still trials. You may be facing a challenge with a difficult problem at work and another person is going through the trial of being out of work. You may be going through the challenge of allergies and another person is going through the challenge of cancer. You may be going through a trial of negotiating to buy a house and another family is going through the trial of being homeless. Sometimes perspective helps us through our trials.
Our loving Father understands exactly what we’re going through. I can’t imagine going through a trial alone. The only way to make it through any trial is knowing the Father is with you, loves you and will give you the strength to get through it.
[Tweet “When you go through a trial and feel alone turn to the Father. You’ll find He’s with you.”]
How has God used a trial in your life to build up your faith? Please leave a comment or question below.