The Bible laud’s Jochebed, Moses’ mother for her faith. We read about it in Exodus 1 and 2. Here is an expansion of the biblical story as I imagine it could have happened. Pounding on their door startled Amram and Jochebed awake. “Pharaoh orders every able-bodied man to report for work duty immediately,” aRead More
The Next Month Before We Travel to India Doesn’t Look Good!Greetings Friends, In a little over a month my wife, Margaret, and I are flying to India. We will visit the Love Children’s Home Orphanage and then lead Stand Firm pastors conferences. This is the fourth year in a row we have hosted and led pastors conferences in different parts of India. There will be many good things that happen on the trip. Yet based upon what happened the last three years, I recognize the next month will be difficult.
Three Reasons the Next Month Doesn’t Look Good
- God will test my faith. I never imagined I would train thousands of pastors around the world. Each year we have raised the goal for the number of pastors we are training. This year we are trusting God for more than in the past. I know that each day that passes it will get harder and harder to trust God to provide. There will be times when doubts will flood my mind. There will be times when I assume I’m foolish to even think we could do such a task.
- The enemy will attack me. Satan often focuses his attacks on my faith, trusting God for His provision. The attacks are also accusatory thoughts. I’ve had them before. They will be thoughts like these, "You're foolish to do this. God will not provide. You will fail and your failure will embarrass you. You’re nobody!" Throughout the next month these attacks will become more frequent and as exhausting as wrestling matches!
- I will face many trials. I will not get enough sleep. There will be times I don’t feel well. There will be travel problems, and delays. The power will fail during a conference. Someone will forget to do something important. It will be hard, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Three Reasons I’m Good With The Next Month Not Being So Good
- I believe God keeps His word. Psalm 37:25 says, “I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.” God empowers me through each test. God will stretch my faith and it will grow. It will be hard and I’ll pray even more. God will work and I will watch and give Him all the thanks and praise.
- This is something I have to do. I know I am doing what God wants me to do. One of my favorite verses is Romans 11:29. It says, “I also know the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable.” God gave me gifts for ministry. Years ago God called me to preach. Later He called me to develop and teach Stand Firm. You can’t give those back to God! God’s call includes the spiritual gifts, opportunities and provisions to do a task. I never expected God to take me to India over and over. It is with the Lord’s strength that I will resist each attack and have victory over the enemy. I’m living my dream. “The one who calls you is faithful, and He will do it.” 1 Thessalonians 5:24
- I want the benefits these hardships will provide me. Romans 5:2-5 says hardship produces perseverance, character, and hope. James 1:2-4 adds that trials make us mature, complete, and lacking in nothing. In 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 the apostle Paul delights in weakness, insults, hardship, persecutions and difficulties because it is through them that the power of Christ rests on me. I want more of God and His power in my life!
- God will test your faith.
- The enemy will attack.
- God will allow trials in your life.
- God’s gifts and calling are yours to keep and will enable you to do great things for God.
The Next Month Before We Travel to India Doesn’t Look Good! Greetings Friends, In a little over a month my wife, Margaret, and I are flying to India. We will visit the Love Children’s Home Orphanage and then lead Stand Firm pastors conferences. This is the fourth year in a row we have hosted andRead More
Happy New Year 2016! Thanks for helping to make 2015 our best year of ministry yet! We are excited about how God has expanded our ministry territory and for all the new friends we’ve made. By God’s grace we expect 2016 to be even better! May our Father richly bless you and yourRead More