Let’s Make it a Priority to Finish Well Every Day
At this time of the year many people begin to focus on next year. We look ahead and think about things we want to change or accomplish in the new year and come up with goals and resolutions. Everyone agrees that goals are important. Even the idea of having resolutions is good but most people don’t do well with them.
Before we move on to what we might want to do, it’s worth spending some time thinking about 2014 and what we can do to finish well. It isn’t too late to finish the year well!
Most of us get pleasure when we finish well and even though time is short, there is still time to take care of some unfinished business. There isn’t time to pull out a huge to do list and frantically try to finish it. We do have time to focus on a few simple priorities that if we do them will give us the ability to finish well in 2014. Here are six things that will give you a sense of having accomplished something worthwhile.
6 Ways to Finish Well In 2014
- Don’t let the sun go down on your wrath Ephesians 4:26. Anger is fueled by pride and often destroys those we love. Look inside. If you’re angry it’s hurting you and the one you’re angry with. You have a choice. With God’s help, end the anger today.
- Forgive unmet obligations Matthew 6:12. Unforgiveness is something God doesn’t tolerate Matthew 18:21-35. God has forgiven you far more than you could ever forgive anyone else. It’s hard but you need to do it today.
- Pray for those who are wandering from God 1 John 5:16. Prayer changes things James 5:16. If you have loved ones who aren’t walking with God pray for them right now and every day. Then watch God answer your prayers.
- Seek for opportunities to do good 1 Thessalonians 5:15. There is so much animosity in our world. Change the world and yourself with the joy that comes from doing something good for someone else. Help someone who can’t help you back. There is always time to do good!
- Make the most of the time you have Ephesians 5:15-16. Each day you have as much time as everyone else, no more, no less. Are you making the most of it? We have so many choices as to how to use our resources. Use your time well today![Tweet “You will spend all your time today. Will you spend it wisely?”]
- Value others more than yourself Philippians 2:3. We do this with an unexpected smile, with a kind word, with a generous gesture.[Tweet “When you build others up they value you more.”]
Let’s end with a prayer from Psalm 90:12.
[Tweet “Father, as we finish 2014 “teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.””]
How have you learned to finish well? Please leave a comment or question below.