8 Reasons Moses was an Incredible Leader and Person
This year I’m reading through the whole Bible again. I’m already into the book of Numbers and today in my reading I was reminded of how amazing Moses was as a leader. In some respects the books of Exodus through Deuteronomy are the story of Moses’s life. One cannot help but get to know Moses as you read through these books. Each time I read them I’m more and more impressed with Him as a leader.
There’s much I can say about Moses. Let me highlight 8 reasons why he’s my hero, both as a leader and as a person.
8 Reasons Why Moses As A Leader Is My Hero
- He had his priorities right Hebrews 11:24. He valued walking with God more than a life of comfort and privilege.
- He wasn’t perfect Exodus 2:15, 32:19. Don’t misunderstand me. I’m not revelling that Moses blew it. I’m comforted that God chose and used a flawed man to do great things.
- He listened and learned from others Exodus 18:24. He needed advice and received it when it was offered by his father-in-law Jethro.
- He wasn’t selfish about power Exodus 11:16-30. He understood the burden of leadership and willingly shared that power.
- He knew why he was the leader Numbers 14:11-20. He was reluctant to take on the role Exodus 4:10-18, but once he did he never lost sight of the goal of leading the people.
- He trusted God to fight for him Numbers 16:3-5. He had remarkable faith that God always had his back.
- He didn’t give up in the face of adversity. He faced continual opposition throughout his life. Pharaoh opposed him Exodus 7-11, the people continually grumbled against him Exodus 14:10-12, Numbers 14:1-4 , Aaron and Miriam opposed him Numbers 12, Korah Numbers 16. He grew weary but never gave up.
- He was a man of remarkable character Numbers 12:6-8. God put Moses on a pedestal. He spoke with Moses like one speaks to a person face to face.
It’s oft said the world has yet to see what God can do through a man or woman wholly committed to Him. I think we saw it in Moses. He’s my hero!
Some questions to consider:
- Do you know what God wants you to do?
- Are you letting your past or present failures keep you from accepting the call of God?
- Are you wilting in face of opposition or adversity?
- Are you ready to hear God speak to you face to face?
What do you think? I’d love to hear from you. Please leave a comment or question below.